Monday 24 January 2011

Different places I would like to live. Number two.




Ha Noi, Vietnam.

It's one of the craziest, most colourful, vibrant and friendly place I have ever visited. I would highly recommend it and I really want to go back. Crossing the roads is quite a challange....I got laughed at by a police man when I was waiting for a safe place to spot. You know, just following the green cross code. He waved me along and said, 'Just go.'

I then realised you have to simply walk out into the oncoming sea of mopeds and they weave around you.  If you stop though, you're in trouble. 

The people here work every given hour, stopping only to eat. They bring out tiny plastic tables and chairs onto the streets and eat together, cooking on what ever they can. You can't walk a few metres without someone offering you some rice or a beer. It gave me a nice feeling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment