Wednesday 18 January 2012

Triangles.


I had a nice time last night painting these triangles. 

I have set myself a little project based on patterns. I use a lot of pattern within my work but I think actually making a pattern is slightly different. 

It struck me that a pattern made by hand is a different thing entirely to one made digitally. Mistakes  are sometimes made, and the mark making is not always even. In a way, I think a linear pattern like this one, becomes organic because of the way it's made. In my case, the pattern becomes less neat the further on it goes. I'm not sure this effect could be made if it was produced digitally.

Have I been thinking about this too much? Probably. 


1 comment:

  1. spot on
    or should
    i say
    triangularly on
    (and can one
    think too much:
    i don't
    think so)
    x
    ...

    ***

    ReplyDelete