Monday 1 November 2010

Buildings.

I'm becoming slightly obsessed with the shapes of buildings.

(so don't be surprised if a fair few pop up on here).

This picture was taken by me in the South of France recently.

Drawing buildings was something I struggled with during my degree. I was a little scared of them. I'm not sure why really. We went to a drawing trip to Porto at the very beginning of the second year in our course. It's a brilliant city, if a little odd. my sketchbooks were full of all the people, sometimes strange (although I probably just picked out the strange ones), that inhabited Porto. 

NO BUILDINGS! 

I think if I returned there now, my sketches would look a lot different.

There's something rather nosy about buildings.....houses in particular. Don't you just want to climb up there and see who's sitting in that roof garden?


No comments:

Post a Comment